Monday, August 12, 2013

NEW POSTS COMING TO BILLINGTON CLAN BLOG

Many months ago I announced our move to Caldwell Idaho (see previous postings)  and now I can gratefully say that most of the unpacking is finsihed and I am settled for the most part.  Now I plan on spending my free time to post family history on the blog and share the information I have with the BILLINGTON CLAN.

I am encouraged to renew this effort  after reading an article in Reader's Digest (September Issue):THE STORIES THAT BIND US  and the subtitle:  STRONG FAMILIES KNOW AND TEACH THE NEXT GENERATION THEIR HISTORIES.  I agree with the author and have always felt that sharing family history stories is important for family unity and communication.  Now I can add that research shows: "The single most important thing you can do for your family it seems, is to develop a strong family narrative."
" Holidays, vacations, big famiy get-togethers,....retelling stories of best moments and challenges that show ability to bounce back...may increase the odds that your family will thrive...."

So announcing the come back of family history..dates, places, times...news old and new...coming to this blog this month!

Thanks for your patiences while I moved to a new location, retired, and  set up office space so I can be ready to research and share.  Please send back by email any news you wish me to include for everyone to see....

Love to all,

Lana.

No comments:

Post a Comment