September's research on the Stottlemyer line has led to many records giving information that helps us follow our ancestor's migration across the states. Anyone reading this who has additional information that can be added, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so that updates can be added and posted in the future.
William Henry Stottlemyer,( 1852) (West Virginia) and Sarah Catherine Rice (1862) (Missouri) were married on June 20, 1878 in Jerico Springs, Cedar County, Missouri.
Their children were all born and raised on a farm near Jerico Springs. They had 9 children, but the only the 6 are listed as living on the 1900 Census.(Benton Township, Jerico Springs City) and on the 1910 census states they had 11 children with 8 living. the last four are listed in Morris Township Missouri and also they are listed .
on the 1920 census of Cimarron, Okalahoma
Oscar E, Oct 17, 1879
Emma Lee March 23, 1884
Judy Alice Sept 30, 1886
James Alfred Aug. 6, 1888
Johnny Nov 7, 1890
Bertha Ellen May 4, 1892
Edith Dec. 25, 1894
Jessie Ernest April 16,1898
Lula Vaughn Jan 13, 1901
Cora Cecil August 20, 1903
1) Oscar E. married Alice about 1910..their children:
Bertha O. 1908 Idaho
Elsie P. 1911 Missouri
Frank W. 1918 Iowa (also know as William Frank)
Rosalie 1920 Missouri
Clyde W. 1926 Oklahoma
The family moved around but by 1926 Oscar and family were living in Oklahoma . The 1930 Census of Red Fork, Tulsa County shows that his parents, William and Sarah were living with him at that time.
Both William Henry and Sarah died in 1933. Their death certificates state they were in Sand Springs, Oklahoma at that time. (Perhaps a nursing home there.)
2) Rose May, our great grandmother at age 17 or 18, married Henry Sutton, age 20, who grew up just a few ranches down from the Stottlemyers place. (Both families can be found on the 1900 Census of Cedar County, MO.) They had two children:
Eva Lanora March 30, 1901 Jerico Springs, Missouri
Charlie 1905 Oklahoma.
Eva told us that Charlie died young, about age 9, but she was unsure of his birth date , and death date and location. So it was difficult to find information about Charlie. Henry is also difficult to find as he does not appear on any census record after 1900 that I have found so far. Eva told us only that he "disappeared," not leaving word as to where he was going. Rose and her children lived with her sister Emma in Wyoming for a while after Charlie was born. Rose married Fred Martz before 1908 and had two little boys: Freddie and Doyle before moving to Livingston, Montana in 1909. (more on the Martz family next month)
The 1910 Census records of Livingston is the only document I have found so far showing Charlie. This document records his birth place as Oklahoma. I am assuming his mother was visiting there in 1905. He died about 1914 in Livingston. I am still searching for his death date, burial and the reason he died at such an early age. ( more on the Sutton family next month)
|Freddie Doyle Eva, Charlie|
3) Emma married Monroe Baxter Jeffery in Missouri and they had 6 children. They moved moved to Wyoming about 1906. Emma's children:
Bertha Naomi Nov 23, 1904 Missouri
Emma Artie March 14, 1906 Wyoming
Wilbert Monroe Jan 29, 1908 Wyoming
Alvin August 30, 1909 Wyoming
Malvin August 30, 1909 Wyoming
Dorothy May Dec. 12, 1912 Wyoming
Emma married August Herman Walters in Their child:
Pershing Woodrow Walters June 6, 1919 Livingston, Montana
4) Judy Alice (no information available)
5) James Alfred lived in Sand Springs Oklahoma and owned a blacksmith shop. He married Mammie( or Maymie) and had one child (as listed on the 1930 and 1940 Census)
He died in Nov. 5, 1957 in Oklahoma.
Karl R 1927 Oklahoma
6) Johnny - no information
7) Bertha Ellen - no information
8) Edith married Albert Stottlemyre in 1903 and lived in Sand Springs Oklahoma (1920 and 1930 census) Albert worked at a glass company.
They had seven children listed on the 1930 census all born in Sand Springs Oklahoma:
Elua May 1924
9) Jessie Ernest WWI Draft registration 1917 no further information
10) Lula Vaughn married Glen McCrackin May 16, 1920 and appears on the 1940 Census for Tulsa County, Oklahoma with two children: They may have had more children.
Merle Dewey 1924
Charlotte Marie 1926
Our Grandma Eva remembers Lula Vaughn the most because they were born the same year, the same place.
11) Cora Cecil -no information
Next month...the next generation of Stottlemyer's, Suttons and Martz families.